Have you got a fine for travelling without a ticket or with an invalid one? Here is what you can do.
Within 5 days from the date of the fine you can pay a reduced fine (LR 14/07/2014, No.7 art.139) using a postal order payable to: Cotral Spa, Via Bernardino Alimena, 105-00173 Rome, c /c 1001517604. The fine covers the cost of a ticket from the end of line to the arrival. This method of payment is also permitted for those violations concerning the provisions referred to in Presidential Decree 753/80, without the addition of the ticket, subject to the right of Cotral to claim compensation for any damage.
Remember to include the number of the fine in the motive.
Alternatively, within 30 days from the date of notification of the fine you can appeal (it is not possible to appeal the verification notice) by sending a written defence explaining your motivations:
- by registered letter to Cotral Spa – Appeals Office , Via B. Alimena 00173 Rome;
- by mail to email@example.com;
- by fax to 06 72052428;
In case of dismissal of the appeal, in addition to penalties, you will also be charged the cost of the ticket and the costs of the administrative procedure.
For further information regarding your fine, you can contact us by filling the form below or, if you prefer, you can call us on 06 72056020 from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Check here the general conditions of carriage to avoid penalties.
If you are found travelling without ticket, for yourself as well as for people under your protection, for animals or luggage, you will be subject to payment of the full-price ticket corresponding to the entire journey, from the end of the line to the arrival and a fine ranging from 100,00 to 500,00 euro (as provided by the Lazio Regional Law No. 16 of 16.6.2003, art. 42 paragraph 2).
It will also be considered “user devoid of ticket”, and therefore punishable by fine, whoever:
- is travelling with a non-validated ticket;
- is travelling with an expired ticket;
- is travelling on a special route without the appropriate ticket.
- is using a ticket or pass whose fare is cheaper than the one expected for that route.
- is travelling with a subsidised ticket (R.L. Lazio No. 30 of 16/7/1998) without the necessary documentation for it.
- is travelling with a personal ticket not properly filled out or without the necessary documentation; the ticket is no longer in use;
- is travelling with a subsidised Metrebus Card without receipt or with a non-readable receipt.